Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Home Alone

While Layne is away in Brazil chasing jaguars:


I’m going to be walking Rusty and reading. So I figure there will be nothing to photograph and less to write about for the next couple of weeks. More precisely we should be on the road to Uruguay to get our warranty battery replacement September 22nd. I’ll probably have some pictures from hanging out in Buenos Aires before that and I like posting my pictures here but for now I will leave the page alone rather than try to find things to say.
Driving through Luján I saw a couple of classics which may be of interest: 
There are tons of classic cars, daily drivers of yesteryear across Argentina. 
Check out the mall where the supermarket was located. It’s five miles from the campground and I might have been in Miami.
The funny part was parking a 21 foot box. I parking across three spots in an empty corner of the lot like this: 
Sure enough as I aired Rusty out on the grass up came security, a motorcycle and a car, no less. So we had to move down the vast parking lot and park in the bus and trailer area. I found some pretty good cover:
It reminded me of being back in the States. Heaven knows how we will cope after years of coping with no rules, few rules and largely  ignored rules. Plus there are no liability lawyers lurking hereabouts so if you screw up it’s on you. Mind you the Jumbo supermarket was worth the hassle. 
We picked up just a few things from the deli to keep me happy while the cook’s away. Outside the store we passed by a maté shop where you could buy Stanley brand thermoses and mugs to drink that disgusting bitter national drink of Argentina.
On the final few miles to the campground Friday night we passed a ton of people out having an end-of-week subset picnic. On the freeway shoulder. They were having a great time and they cracked me up. Check them out:







See you in a couple of weeks more or less if I can hold out that long without posting. 

No comments: