Thursday, August 25, 2011

Clouds Make Glorious Summer

"And all the clouds that low'r'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried."


The opening lines from Richard The Third sprang to mind as I swatted mosquitoes and watched Cheyenne having fun.


Everywhere I looked the sun was hidden by the weight of water vapor in the sky.


Every day I'm grateful to Cheyenne for greeting me with a wet nose and a wagging tail and expecting me to take her for an interesting walk. At 6:30 in the morning after a full twelve hours dispatching.


You don't get to see this by lying in bed.


Or by living in e Keys in winter when the clouds are gone the sky is incandescent blue day after day for the snowbirds who have no idea what they are missing during the summer.


In January there will be half a dozen dogs and a cluster of women standing around talking about nothing right here.


Right now it's me and Cheyenne and the biggest show on Earth.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I dearly miss Florida skies, especially the summer clouds, which hang so low and pregnant. I miss their seeming fluorescence and proximity.

It's nice to be reminded of them by your blog.