Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cheyenne Immortalized

My wife had a particularly talented student of hers create a composite birthday present for me. My dog and my wife's favorite flowers perfectly rendered.


There is so much talent among the young that I am ashamed of their elders and betters when they sneer at efforts like those of my wife whose life work has devolved into giving youngsters who otherwise wouldn't have a chance a shot at learning. Just like Cheyenne herself who was sidelined to the SPCA for the crime of being "too old" so many young people get sidelined for being too poor. What a wonderful bloody world.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since your wife went from attorney to teacher, I would say she has evolved. ;>

21% of American school children live in poverty. That's an impossibly tragic statistic.

Conchscooter said...

We joke she kept practicing as an attorney till she got it right. The stories behind some of the children's families are ghastly. I never wanted children but to have child neglect as a national policy seems grotesque to me.

PrissyInParadise said...

Happy belated. What a lovely present and such a talented artist.

Conchscooter said...

Halloween is a hell of a day for a misanthrope to have a birthday. Thank you.