Saturday, November 5, 2011

Key West Pix XVI

What a weird sign I saw at the pawn shop on Truman. Perhaps I get to hear too much of the stupidity and badly planned procreation that goes on in this town but mocking the fools for profit seems in keeping with our times where we rejoice in the misery of our neighbors.



I rejoice at Fiona's good fortune always hoping that her reign, celebrated in soluble chalk, is what she has always wished for.



I have photographed this fading sign before. It's a sentiment that can extend to anyone living here with a job, friends and a kind dog. I shall adopt it's sentiments immediately. At least for a while.



Not only does this paragraph prohibit parking, it specifies those that may feel exempt and it even explains the wherefores regarding the prohibition. I have no doubt the willfully stupid will still manage to ignore it.



One wonders where they went and when, Lighthouse Construction.



Their services are still needed here, where they have a very faded sign:



Two contradictory advisories in one sign. I find random graffiti in Key West to at best be bizarre, no better than making up weak poetry to induce the poor to part with their valuables.



Smoke weed- a recommendation for stupidity and self destruction which seems counter intuitive in our current circumstances. Free truth- an unlikely hope when expressed solely by defacing a road sign.



I'd rather admire a green lightbulb. I asked the occupant where it came from but he knew not whence the landlady came by it. I shall enquire of Summerland Ace my neighborhood hardware store that stocks everything and can order anything else. Amazing people.



Nature has some odd ways of expressing itself. Like these left over flower stems on a cactus.



And humans do the same. This honey comb is an insert in a gravel driveway. I want to pave my gravel at my house but this sort of honeycomb I find appealing as well. My wife remains unconvinced.



Financing available! Whoo hoo! Too bad house values continue to plummet as unemployment numbers shoot up. Odd that isn't it? Do you suppose they may be connected?



Which brings us back to the beginning. It's an ill wind that blows no one any good and instead of buying a home buying a pawn shop might be a good idea to weather the next round of our "economic recovery."



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

David B. said...

It seems calculated that you had the picture of the bloom about to burst in your "Wandering White Street" posting, and treat us now to the withered pistils.
Night Blooming Cereus gives a one night, winner-take-all performance, and you can literally watch it happen. This may be the only place in the U.S. where it is so common we ignore it, but the first time is pretty uncommon.

David B. said...

Unsolicited comment two is; use the honeycomb instead of paving. Water moves freely down through instead of running off the paving into the ocean. At least slow it down a little.

Conchscooter said...

I thought at first some dork had fired darts into the cactus and I was composing an acerbic comment to go with the picture. Then the penny dropped and now I know which penny it was.
I know cement bad, gravel good but it is a bugger parking a motorcycle (low climate impact) on gravel.