Wednesday, December 7, 2011

People

The year round population in the Keys is supposed to be close to 75,000 while Key West takes care of 23,000 of that. It's weird but the homeless population goes up in winter too.


It's weird because one expects the snowbird return each winter but the residentially challenged? Yup, them too. Figuring out to whom the errant back pack belongs to isn't my job.


Santa took a hit on Galveston Lane and deflated as a result. Poor bugger.


It's the Santa season all right but you wouldn't know from the dress of the people in town. This lot were modern using electronics.


These two were on my wavelength using paper. The weather has been perfect, not too cold with nighttime lows around 70 and daytime highs warm enough for t-shirts, even for locals.


A ride in a pedi-cab is one way to catch up with what's going on in each other's lives. My Bonneville has factory mufflers so there was no danger I would disturb their chatter.


I like to think I know what I'm doing on two wheels but scooter renters are as varied as anyone who can plunk down a couple of twenty dollar bills, produce a car license and take off after a frighteningly short briefing on the controls.


The best strategy is to curl up on a cushion on the porch and take a nap.


Neither camera flash nor inquisitive Labrador were enough to stir the cat on Margaret Street safe behind the picket fence.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: