Thursday, December 1, 2011

Signs Of Christmas

They are starting to sprout, as they should after Thanksgiving.


These chaps were busy decorating their guest house with boughs of something that was not quite holly and came out of a box.


Even I know that red plants in pots that appear before Christmas have something to do with the holiday. Some decorators are more blunt than others:


Some are more subtle where the decorations actually enhance the local architecture.


I'm scheduled to work Christmas night which I view as a good thing. Good for me because I get holiday pay and good for my colleagues who enjoy having the night off. Until then I shall enjoy the increasingly frenzied decorating efforts around town.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Conchscooter:

How is it that barely an inch or two beneath that gruff exterior, like a soul enrobed with barbed wire and foul vapors? Somehow, your last blog episode became a Jack Riepe shooting gallery.

My feelings are hurt. As a result of your blatant anti-Riepe sentiment, I shall cut my visit to your house to barely six months duration.

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep
Twisted Roads

Conchscooter said...

No! Not just six months! My wife said we would feed you, bring you beer and build a portaloo outside next to the spot where we will set up your tent. If you only come for six months my wife will be offended and it will be the worse for me.