Sunday, December 18, 2011

Virginia Street

The perpetual plea in Key West, in one form or another: "No Parking."


The fiction is growing on me that the chicken population is expanding like particles from a big bang theory. Park your car and return to find a chicken coop.


A nice house that survived hurricane season and will soon lose the shutters no doubt.


Sidewalk parking is illegal. Sort of. Or frowned upon at the very least. I just walked around the parked cars, no problem mon. Perhaps I should have dialed 9-1-1.


Sidewalk scrounging is a sport for my dog. This treasure trove merited two dives by my hungry Labrador.


A living fence.


I have not yet got a response when I ask a shrimp on my plate where it's from. They call them Key West pinks so one assumes...


From Canada we get the Zenn, zero emissions no noise car.


And not from Cuba we get cigars.


Caribbean tobacco is anything but Cuban and there's no sign the embargo is folding, so Cuban cigars will have to remain as illegal as heroin. Weird.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Great photos, even better commentary. I love visiting you blog, such a nice break from my insane farm in the Midwest

Conchscooter said...

Dear Donna, I hope that when everything collapses we can swap key west photos for Midwest beets or something. I hope winter is short and the growing season is long. I will do my best for you as the cold increases.