Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas On Duval

Christmas is closing in so I took a stroll on Duval Street to see what's what. And it turns out there's not much going on on Lower Duval so middle to upper Duval is where the Christmas spirit  is flourishing. 
Christmas On Duval
Even the tattoo parlor got into the mercantile spirit of the season. Not enough to hide the ATM but still, pretty festive...
Christmas On Duval
Check out Mangoes, the ice palace:
Christmas On Duval
I can't imagine the amount of work it will take to tar all this stuff down after the party's over:
Christmas On Duval
Wicker's guest house:
Christmas On Duval
And that state of mind thing. If anyone thinks living in the Lower Keys is like living in Florida they aren't too well informed.
Christmas On Duval
"A Tropical Hotel" with wreaths and fir decorations in best northern style. Weird.
Christmas On Duval
The wretched excess of the season of consumption:
Christmas On Duval
Upper Duval looks quite pretty in a subdued festive kind of way.
Christmas On Duval
I am no great fan of Christmas, I prefer Thanksgiving, but these decorations are really quite fun.

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

I like the subdued decorations in the last picture. Much nicer than going over the top. I am looking forward to next week when it is all over.

Conchscooter said...

I am enjoying the lights this year but I evade the advertising and muzak and shopping that tends to go with them...