Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Shorebirds

It wasn't intended as a catalogue, more as a meditation.
 Then the cormorant took off and  I took a picture by reflex. Then I heard the mockingbirds.
 They were calling out to each other from the tops of the trees. So I took another silent picture.
 The seaweed was piled up along the shore by the various winds blowing out of the south. 
 Good pickings for some of the delicate little birds hopping on top of the mat.

 Further along toward the old Bahia Honda bridge there were a few birds on the seawall.



 The bridge itself is giving up after 105  standing here taking trains and then cars:
 The end by Bahia Honda state park is repaired but this end, the west end, is crumbling:

 And then there are the mangroves:
In the end they will prevail where cement won't.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so is this blog in a post Irma auto-pilot phase? nice photos, scenes etc. but the aftermath looms, is here...

or is the author up at the No Name Bar having a cool one....(actually hope it's still there), seriously hope all is well

C. Whitney

KWBound said...

For Conchscooter's realtime current posts and pictures go to Instagram.

Trobairitz said...

I enjoy seeing the birds from your area we don't see around here.

Hope all is well with you post-Irma.

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures and blog. Miss being in the keys. My soul is there. Thank you for sharing your life in the Florida keys. Best to you all.

Jerome Johnson said...

BUT WHAT ABOUT RUSTY AND YOUR WIFE?

WHAT ABOUT US WHO CARE ABOUT YOU AND YOUR WELFARE? NO MENTION !

THIS IS CRUEL.

patdi said...

Thank you KWBound for your tip to check Instagram for updates. I found him under Michael Conchscooter and I see all of the current posts. I will check there until he can post again on Key West Diary.

KWBound said...

NP, patdi. I know we all enjoy his view on life in the Keys, etc. and his posts have become a daily staple for some. We've all been wondering and worrying, at times, what's happening in CS's world, post-Irma. Thank God he and all those who stayed are ok.

patdi said...

Yes, I was so relieved to see they came through OK!! Key West is on my bucket list, but I visit vicariously through CS's posts and beautiful pictures.