Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Keys Pix 5

The full moon from a couple of days ago is just a memory, it'll be back in a few weeks but I'll miss it.


The entrance to the Navy Base on Whitehead Street is closed to civilians. Unless they are chickens.


Foreclosures exist in Key West, businesses close, houses go on the market. Homes have always turned over in this city, people come and go all the time. A parking space that is turning into a meadow looks out of place. Signs of despair? Who knows.


When there was money pouring through Key West people I talked to, a decade or more ago, used to bitch about the change brought in it's wake. Not me, I liked to see people making money. Foreclosures suck and they suck a lot worse Up North than they'd here. Lucky us.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: