Thursday, August 4, 2011

Keys Still Life

One of the reasons I like to keep a relatively small pocket camera in my ...pocket is because I never know where I am going to see what.


A cactus in an olive oil can.


I don't know why but I seem to notice birds on wires a lot more in the Keys than elsewhere.


An Italianate fountain reminded me of...Italy.


Boat carcases, alive dead or somewhere in-between abound in the Keys. Fiberglass never rots.


This has to be the oddest fire hydrant I have ever see. Out of service? Wrapped in an old plastic bag?


I want my yard to look like this, a profusion of painful cactus.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

Are more than one Cacti? If there were two smart asses posting comments, would we be peni? The things one ponders between lunch and going back to fondling bits.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a magpie in Key West. Do you have them down there? We have a lot of them. Noisy birds that like to hang out with black birds.

Bob
from Livingston Montana

Conchscooter said...

Jeffrey you are a penis. It's official.
Bob thee are mockingbbirds and shooting them is said to be a shame. However they are a bloody nuisance so they probably deserve it.