Thursday, August 4, 2011

Clouds On Fire

I was riding home from work a passenger for a change, in a coma of exhaustion after a night of training. I find training wears me out more than usual, and I was quite glad we were car pooling back to the same island.


"I prefer sunrises to sunsets," the trainee said, proving she has good taste similar to mine.


The rains and thunder heads have produced clouds that are more spectacular than usual during the sunrises.



Cheyenne was content, mercifully, with a shorter than usual walk and hurried back up into the house after a sturdy twenty minute stump down the street.


She knew what was important, and it wasn't the state of the sunrise.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Conchscooter:

I think it's disgraceful that you could get a dog hooked on beer to the extent that all she wants to do is bury her in the bowl.

That poor dog can only be away from a beer for 20 minutes — before facing collapse. I have nothing else to say.

When are you riding up here?

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep
Twisted Roads

Conchscooter said...

Next spring. Inwore out all my leave and money in Italy.. Bummer.

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

When is Riepe riding down there is another apt Q.

Conchscooter said...

Good one!