Saturday, August 6, 2011

Surprise Crocs

Our supervisor at work has been on vacation so there hasn't been much in the way of paperwork in my box lately. Still I check it from force of habit when I show up at work. "No bumpf," I remarked casually to Keith as I came on duty. "That box is yours, the one on the floor," he said.
"No no," I replied "My box is the second from the top, nowhere near the floor."
"No," he countermanded me patiently "The cardboard box on the floor is for you. It arrived just after you left on vacation."
"I never ordered anything," I was completely confused.
"Well if it's a bomb don't open it anywhere near me," Keith said looking a bit old fashioned at the box from Chippewa Falls of all unknown to me places. We haven't had a bomb scare in ages so I went ahead and opened the package. The plot simply thickened.



Well bugger me, I thought after the package failed to ignite and instead out popped a pair of exactly correct size 12 pink Crocs.
"What's this then? Pink Crocs? They match your iPad holder." Keith was more mystified than I was. Then the penny dropped when I figured out the name of the sender. All I had to figure out was how to explain this extraordinary chain of events to Keith who was staring at me quizzically.
"A blog reader...pink because...my wife..."
"I don't need to know," Keith muttered looking away hurriedly. Too much pink scares this manly man. Luckily he supervises my opposite shift so I only work with him when I'm doing overtime.



All I have left to say is thank you Amanda in the BVI ( http://thebvis.blogspot.com/ check my web list for her blog) for this very pleasant surprise and I am sorry it took me so long to connect with the package. Blame my vacation followed by my boss's vacation and only a chance remark from Keith got it in my hand. I shall think of you each time I wear them.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Len said...

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin?

That's a long way from the BVI.

Conchscooter said...

I have no idea where or what Falling Chippewa is but the power of the Internet, even in a place like the bvi with slow access, is astonishing.