Monday, August 15, 2011

Yamaha 250

I had previously seen this neat little café racer at thenYamaha shop on North Roosevelt.



I figured it was either a consignment or a trade. The dour operator of the Yamaha shop is known for strictly limiting himself to the one brand. I liked Yamahas years ago and I owned a couple of them over the years.


It is a relatively simple single cylinder engine with twin exhausts. I like the simple traditional layout of the instruments, no digital liquid crystal display wonders here, just dials and lights.


I was surprised to see what appears to be a compressed air reservoir for the rear suspension. It seemed a rather sophisticated touch for this little bike.


Many years ago I owned and traveled with this motorbike's larger version, the SR500 and I miss that ride's simplicity and ease of use. On the other hand my Bonneville is not exactly a complicated ride...


For round town riding this little hot rod seems perfect. I hope someone is having fun with this ride.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Chuck and the Pheebs said...

There's an Aussie blog out there called Pipeburn - I've been reading it fairly regular, as it's a nice piece on bikes along your predilections.

This would be one of them.

Cheers from an island not too far from Oz,

Chuck.