Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Carstens Lane

The City of Key West has some quirky sign writers, as does Monroe County. On Big Pine Key there is a street named Poincianna, which always gives me a reason to grin when I am riding to No Name Key.


In Key West one end of Carsten Lane used to be singular while the other end was plural, which I believe was correct even though both ends now seem to be singular for some reason. At the police department dispatch we call it Carstens Lane. May confusion never grow less....


I last wrote an essay on this lane in 2009 and nothing much changes around here, but it's always pretty.


And tiring for furry dogs.


I like this house with the mailbox designed to look like the home.


A bird in a tree is worth a...photo.


Sunlight and greenery is a lovely combination in Carstens Lane.
And let's not forget the not quite wild fruit.


And just to finish up a bright red hibiscus.


I like Carstens Lane.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Chuck and the Pheebs said...

I am such a dumbass.

I had to Google Carsten's Lane, and it happens to be my favourite shortcut home from down around the Southernmost Point. Olivia to Galveston, short run down Windsor, left on William, hammer the right on Carsten, left on Margaret, sail past Southard and a right on Fleming to the barn.

On a bile late at night when all is quiet, of course.

You're making me miss it bad - stop it!

Len said...

I wonder how many people have photographed the bannana tree on Karsten's? I have the exact same picture from last time we were there.

Conchscooter said...

I love this lane. I promised myself one essay a year at least...