Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Key West Pix 11

There are times when I miss having a single lens reflex camera but mostly my pocket Canon, so to speak, does the job just fine. I like it because it's always here, literally in my pocket, whether I'm riding walking the dog or diving the car. However the shutter delay makes pictures of moving targets a bit iffy and the ease of use of the automatic focus makes manual focussing seem like a chore.


I couldn't get the camera to focus on then fuel truck at the airport and I was too lazy, grr, to refocus manually to get past the fence. So there it is.


Work has concluded on this building at then corner of First and Flagler and what a fine job it is, after years of sitting on the very edge of collapse. I guess it makes a decent advertisement for the builders that call it home. This next picture I snapped on my way out of town on Truman Avenue at the pedestrian light at Bayview Park.


Just out of sight there was a woman pushing a stroller, not that the SUV was worrying about piffling inconveniences like red lights. I wonder if he drives 45 in the Key Deer protectorate?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Len said...

I'd hate to have paid the bill to restore the building across the street from Shanna Key. WOW what a job they did!

Conchscooter said...

And already graceless neighbors have put negative comments in the citizens voice complaining about the company trucks parking.