Sunday, September 25, 2011

Loco Lane

I keep thinking I have discovered and explored every street and lane in this city. You wouldn't think that would be too hard on an island four miles by two, yet here I am once again at a new find.


It was a casual written reference I don't remember where that alerted me to Loco Lane which is little more than an expanded driveway off Petronia Street on Solares Hill.


I have walked driven and ridden past it half a hundred times without noticing it, but when I searched, there it was.


There is nothing unusual or untoward about this little lane,


...other than the that it is unmarked by any official street sign. Perhaps "Mad Lane" is an irresistible moniker for a drunk visitor not to steal.


It is much like any other Old Town Lane recorded among my more than two thousand essays.


Tight little homes tucked away,


...lots of lovely greenery overhead.


And the inevitable sign language so necessary apparently to harmonious living.


It was a bright sunny summer afternoon, not too hot, but warm enough,


...so the short length of this lovely quiet corner of town was no shortcoming at all.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

fxrguy said...

When I lived down there we would, occasionally, do a remodel job on one of the houses that was on a lane or alley. One of my favorite things to do when I visit is to just walk or ride a bike around Old Town. Your right, there is always someplace with Island magic to discover.