Thursday, September 15, 2011

Marine Portaloo

I was standing on the beach contemplating my navel as it were when the squared off shape of the city's marine pump out boat hove into view. I know the pump out boat because I used to use it when I lived on my boat in Sunset Marina. It will visit any boat in a marina, at anchor or the city mooring field, for a one time visit or on a regular schedule and empty out the boat's toilet waste tank.


I seem to recall it was about ten dollars a go, so for a boat at anchor to be legal and not pollute forty bucks a month would be a small price to pay to do the right thing. Furthermore the pump out boat can come by and empty the boat's holding tank even when the owner is away. How simple and sensible. Everyone should use it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: