Friday, October 28, 2011

Fantasy Fest Local's Parade Preview

I have long preferred the Masquerade March on Friday to the formal Fantasy Fest parade on Saturday.


They leave from the cemetery and walk down Fleming or Southard and strut their stuff and talk to friends along the way


Fantasy Fest has become such a phenomenon that anything "local" is a misnomer because of it's popularity.


The main parade has been invaded by out of town floats and "krewes" from places like Tampa who are on a circuit and have nothing local to bring to a parade that frequently mocks local issues and politics.


This year I saw less satire and more simple costuming. "adults playing in Halloween costumes" Chuck said.


I suppose he was right but it was fun.


Ad I got almost a hundred pictures...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: