Friday, October 28, 2011

A Glorious Day

I was looking forward to walking Cheyenne as much as she was looking forward to going with me. When I told her it was time she leaped to her feet and almost started jumping in circles. I couldn't blame her, for it was a lovely day.


75 perfect degrees, bright sunshine and a light cooling breeze made it a perfect day to be outdoors.


There wasn't a cloud to be seen and the sky was a gorgeous deep dark blue.


I was thoroughly enjoying the day. There's nothing quite like a prolonged spell of horrid weather to give one a fresh appreciation for the simple pleasures.


I was even enjoying the sight of pine cones hanging in the sun.


Everyone is still talking about the "monsoon" rains that pounded South Florida for six days straight.


Cheyenne ran back and forth sniffing everything until, exhausted she laid her weary backside in a cool refreshing remnant of the flood.


It was a great day to be outdoors.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: