Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Keys Pix XV

From time to time I end up on the wrong end of a camera. I prefer less of myself in my blog, my words should be sufficient. Chuck seemed to disagree.


Barred windows remind me of Puerto Rico, a US territory that seems to have a much higher crime rate than little Key West.


New fangled hurricane shutters that may come in useful if the Category One Hurricane Rina, currently near the Yucatan, comes our way.


Old fangled shutters and lovely Florida louvered windows.


And even more old fangled Bahamian shutters. I am told they are as aggravating to listen to creaking as they are pretty.


I quite liked the look of this black Harley Davidson which I think is a Dyna Glide and thus quite expensive.


Giant foot boards don't help cornering...


...but the huge black headlight appealed to me.


I have seen quite a few of these little birds fluttering around and so busy are they I have great difficulty framing them. If they are the same as the birds I have seen in the Bahamas they would be bananaquits which is the sound they supposedly make, in addition to their banana yellow chests.


I am full of shit when it comes to naming things so I probably got that completely wrong. This next is an oddball scooter from Genuine in Chicago.


It's a sporting 110cc Rattler which I believe they no longer sell in the US. It is big enough it requires a motorcycle license to ride but it is not much cheaper than a larger 125 or 150 which requires the same license...


It is pretty though.


Guess who this cat had spotted? Cheyenne ignored it completely as usual.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Your bird there is most likely a Carolina Wren, although it could be a House Wren. Guessing Carolina, though, as its breast appears to be lightly yellow.

Bananaquits have very black feathers on their bodies, with touches of bright yellow on their breasts. They love the mango trees at my new place, but have been hell to try to catch with the camera.