Friday, October 7, 2011

Murray Marine

Murray Marine is south of Highway One, as vehicles arrive on Stock Island in the approaches to Key West.


The marina is what you would expect in such a facility at the southern end of the Keys.


Including a feathered greeter outside the office...


The marina basin opens to the east giving access to Boca Chica Bay, also south of US Highway One.


Racking center console boats is popular in Florida marinas.


They use a giant fork lift to rack the boats.


Though why boat owners what to rack their boats with their biminis acting as sails, I don't know.


It's a long way up there...


I ride by Murray Marine on Stock Island, every time I visit the city from my home up the Keys and its become little more than a part of the landscape. It's actually one of those useful facilities we would miss were they not the.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Garythetourist said...

Fantastic essay. Where on earth did you get the idea?

Conchscooter said...

Everything is grist for my mill.