Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Ride

There are people who consider themselves to be scooter riding fanatics yet who prefer not to rent scooters when they visit Key West because the no riding gear attitude makes them feel uncomfortable.


Too bad for them. I know I look odd when I arrive in town in long pants, mesh jacket, leather gloves and helmet. But my cool motorcycle makes up for my lack of style.


Bicycling in Key West is also a casual affair for most people. Jump on the bike and go.


Use a basket to haul your crap and you have an island stye station wagon at your finger tips.


Or...you can ride Conchscooter style, striking a pose that's says "I rode here from Ramrod Key with all my crap including the kitchen sink."


Or you can be normal and ride a big v-twin.


Key West accommodates all.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Conch:

The streets here are carpeted with wet leaves, which are called "splooge" in BMW lingo. I am riding today, reegardless of the sensation in my hips or knees. Today is my "Farewell to Pennsylvania" Ride and I am going to make the most of it.

The K75 is awaiting me in the garage. Too bad today wasn't a day trhat you were in this vicinity. But it is 57ยบ (F) at the moment... And you would freeze your tropical ass off.

Not yet first light, and the ride beckons.

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep

Conchscooter said...

I hope it went well.

Claudio Mccarty said...

That is one big motorcycle you have. Onlookers must be envious of you when you ride it. I love the small compartment at the back of your ride. It's quite helpful when you have lots of things to carry.