Monday, October 3, 2011

Riding By


I see people out and about with their cameras in Key West and I hope I blend in somewhat as a tourist when I am wandering the streets looking interested in all I see. However most visitors like to take holiday snaps of each other in prominent places.


My idea of a good snap is something funny or ironic or iconic, or just pleasant to look at. Like happy strangers scooting Key West in full Technicolor.


Some people find motorcycle seats too thin for their butts so they add padding, with greater or lesser elegance.


A whole squadron of cyclists came at me up Caroline Street...


...and it took me a moment to realize they were more happy tourists on a...tour; as they should be.


Locals ride with luggage, and the is no better way to get whe you need to go in Key West.


Lots of bikes attest to that.


Except maybe by small internal combustion engine, like my wife.


Ride Key West any way you want.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Conch:

I thought this post was going someplace I wanted to see, with the first shot of nicely tanned girl tourists. But I was apparently mistaken.

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep
Twisted Roads