Monday, October 3, 2011

UnGodly Hour

The alarm woke me this morning at five in the morning and it will do so again tomorrow in less than six hours. I hate working day shift even though I am learning a lot about how to be a better police dispatcher. My suggestion that we hold the classes from four in the aft noon till two in the morning got no traction at all. Cheyenne is adaptable a dog as any but she was a little surprised to go for a pre-dawn walk in total unusual darkness. But she was game.


She loves her walks but she was disappointed when I showered and got dressed to leave the house at an hour when normally she and I would be snuggling and going to sleep, each on our own bed. By seven am she was alone.

Boy was she happy to see me when I got home at six thirty this evening! And there was no way she wasn't getting a good long walk...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

bobskoot said...

Mr Conchscooter:

welcome to the normalized world of conformity. I think change is good, once in a while to see how the other half lives

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Danette said...

Has it been a year already? Seems like just a few weeks ago you were complaining about working the day shit, I mean, shift. Or do you do this more often than once a year?

Conchscooter said...

Training is good. And it is. But getting up at five sucks wind. I do not recommend it.