Monday, November 7, 2011

Nutter Butter Madness

This story is going to sound weird and unbelievable and I am sorry I lack the words to explain the taste but it turns out you really can eat peanut butter with almost anything.


It's a long narrow hole-in-the-wall set amidst the gay bars in Middle Duval. They sell food and everything includes peanut butter.


Which must be why they call it:


The answer is his nose:


I had heard about this place from my colleagues who laughed, as you might expect, when they told me it was good and peanut butter came with everything. No exceptions.


JalapeƱos and gummy bears and cinnamon balls- with peanut butter! An appetizer that burned my mouth- with peanut butter.


Like I keep saying, peanut butter, high in protein, with everything.


Ten billion goobers a year and most people put the peanut butter on before the jelly. If you believe the little cards stacked on each table. Nachos with strawberries, grapes, banana slices and...


Not only is it weird but it is also not expensive. I got the Vermont, not because it's leftist but because it has cheese and bacon, maple syrup and...pb. Like my old buddy from Buffalo says, everything is better with bacon. And at $3.75 one is left to wonder how they pay the Duval Street rent.


Four percent. There is a dessert menu, spelled desert, which is odd as everything tastes like afters, as the English would say, if they ate peanut butter and wanted dessert.


We had an ass burner sandwich with more of those dastardly jalapeƱos.


Filled with grated carrot, peppers and...


...and a smear of peanut butter. Weird but effective. We had grandma's feet for pudding:


Cookies, chocolate, marshmallows and peanut butter. I had coffee because I liked their sweet hot java and all this cost the four of us just twenty four bucks. Teron and his wife, from Massachusetts opened the place six weeks ago.


He was working hard as his help had called off for the afternoon. Some employees can on some very few and rare occasions occasionally prove unreliable in Key West.


So the boss did everything.


I'll be back and I recommend a visit before the crazy Duval rents send them out of business. This madness deserves to succeed and flourish and bring a smile to your peanut butter covered lips. Pudding for lunch, heaven brought to earth.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

Chuck and the Pheebs said...

I'd eat peanut butter for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I could - but I'd weigh 800#.

Provolone and peanut butter
Fresh Muenster and peanut butter
and an ancient favorite from when I was six:
Hot dogs and peanut butter.

Mmmmmm. peanutbutter.

Anonymous said...

As a kid an old italian man turned me on to peanutbutter and bologna sandwiches. Now i buy sliced bologna from the deli and just roll the peanutbutter inside. Scooter Vic

Anonymous said...

bad 2011 peanut crop means price hike coming soon!

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/7643246-418/peanut-prices-headed-up-because-of-drought.html

Rob said...

I'll have to check this place out next time I'm in town. There's a restaurant near me here in San Diego that serves a bacon cheddar burger with peanut butter instead of mayo/catsup/etc. Surprisingly, it's quite tasty.

Conchscooter said...

When we got home all four of us, independant of each other wanted somethings avory for a late nigth snack. there is a lot of sweet in all this slightly odd food, but I want to try the peanut butter rice bowl. I am a glutton for punishment, perhaps!

Anonymous said...

In southeast asia they do pretty much anything with peanuts. So strange to some, I guess.

Conchscooter said...

Thai peanut butter would be strange.

PrissyInParadise said...

I've been wanting to go for a while and my Handsome Captain is no fan of the pb. I, however, am. Some things you just have to do with a friend, I guess. I too had better get there before they're not around anymore. I hope it doesn't happen, but the restaurant biz is a tough one.