Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Norton 850

I must be a glutton for punishment but I can't stand passing a classic bike and not taking a picture for my blog. Key West sinks under the weight of all Harleys all the time and while I have nothing against Harleys, except their prices, I would like a little variety.


A lovely 850, sitting on Southard Street.


Indeed it's not at all far from where I recently spotted a Laverda 1000, which I greatly admired and got a dose of foul grief from Laverda nerds when one of their forum discovered my highly complimentary essay.


So I offer these pictures of a lovely bike with no history lessons about the marque or my peripheral involvement with them in sure and certain hope that the pleasure of seeing a beautiful bike doesn't have to necessarily produce controversy.


Lovely yes, but I do like my modern 865 Triumph. Easy to start, easy to operate and easy to maintain.


Triumph calls these motorbikes modern classics and for someone like me they make a great daily rider, practical, easy and reliable. There's a reason I am closing in on 57,000 trouble free miles on my 2007.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Brady Steffl said...

Conch,

You're not the only complete sucker for old machines. I think we fit into the same category, who cares what other people ride, but I find some things a lot more interesting to chance across than others. I've yet to see an old Norton out, and Triumphs are rare enough - which is probably why my old Honda gets as much attention as it does.

Brady
Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life

Conchscooter said...

I hope key west diary readers check your blog - behind bars in my links- because yours is about people and well written and not just about bikes.

Brady Steffl said...

Thanks, Conch, that's quite a nice thing to say. I appreciate it.

Brady
Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life