Saturday, December 10, 2011

Not Wells Fargo

We shut down our account at the Too Big To Fail bank last year, despite the obstacles and difficulties they set in our path. This is the last locally owned bank in the Keys, aside from the credit unions where my wife also has an account. I suppose it is inevitable the ubiquitous Spottswoods have their tentacles deep in the founding of the bank...but my wife the critic is very happy with their service and get this: real people answer the phone when she calls the bank!


I am not much interested in banks but I do get a small town thrill when I ride by the billboard on North Roosevelt and see my bank supporting small town sports. I can't help but think how much better off we all might be had they had the nerve to let them fail after all, those Too Big institutions.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: