Monday, December 12, 2011

Strange Scooter

I came across this unusual ride in Key Lime Square.


It appeared to be a water-cooled Chinese scooter though of what capacity I couldn't tell, but judging by the sophisticated water cooled cylinder and the huge exhaust I hoped it was something larger than just 50cc. The speedometer was digital so I couldn't tell what top speed could be hoped for. None of the numerous stickers indicated an engine size either.


Aside from that mystery this CPI looked fabulous, with it's tubular external frame, sporty riding position and total lack of urban practicality.


What every wild eyed youngster, such as I once was, needs to ride. Whatever it is.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

RichardM said...

Google says 150cc with a top speed of 65. The external frame does look kind of cool.

Conchscooter said...

A young person's (with a motorcycle endorsement!) ride I guess.

Chuck and the Pheebs said...

Saw a Chinese crapbike similar to this; had the word "Dukati" in vinyl lettering on each side.

I much preferred the Italjet Dragster; similar looks albeit greater functionality.

Conchscooter said...

And unfortunately less availability. A paradigm for the age, Italjet vs CPI. Italy vs China. Guess who wins?