Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Key West Pix 3

The big statue has disappeared from the Customs House on Front Street. I missed a few things while I was on vacation, including Hemingway Days, but the disappearing statue is rather nice as it leaves the front of the building open for the first time in ages.


I saw this cyclist apparently stroking out in the heat but as I approached he clearly was just checking his bicycle.


The letter carrier seemed to be coping okay with the 96 degree afternoon. That seems like a tough job.


Sighting down the sidewalk into Truman Annex always makes for a nice looking picture so I snapped one.


"What are you photographing?" a puzzled passer-by asked. When I told her she didn't seem impressed as I pointed out the color contrasts. I liked the picture well enough. What it actually is I couldn't rightly say, except that it was a bean pod on a tree with gray leaves.


Some people like to decorate their gates rather fancifully. This one was next door to Harpoon Harry's, the diner on Caroline Street at Margaret.


I noticed an ad for boat rentals. I was quite impressed by the selection of boats. I guess a trip behind the Half Shell would be a good idea if one were in the market to rent a boat.


I frequently notice a bunch of guys hanging out at the music shop on Caroline. Dogs welcome which is a good sign. I think I would be viewed as a little too buttoned down to hang with those free spirits.


Captain Key West told me to look for a peculiar palm while exiting from K Mart plaza toward Kennedy. I gave it my best shot but on my first pass I missed it. I remembered he mentioned the left side but I looked right.


I saw the weird palm on my second pass and a photo of it will appear here soon..


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: