Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Margaret Street

I first noticed the big old van with the incongruous Harley logo on it then behind the van I finally noticed the lovely old house that I have ridden past hundreds of times.


Lovely it may be but it sits across the street from the landmark restaurant on Catherine Street at Margaret which draws the passersby-by attention. El Siboney has to be one of the best value restaurants in Key West, and as it happens I like their Cuban food.


For Cheyenne it's all about the discards in the bushes.


This single block of Margaret is quite wooded...


...and it takes maintenance.


Quite a few of these houses were for sale too.


I'm not sure where this hot dog stand operates but if it was the one at Caroline and Duval across from the Bull they make pretty decent sausages if you need a late night something to absorb the alcohol.


Chickens naturally are everywhere.


This house is for sale but I'm not sure if the fowl go with the structure.


The end of Margaret Street dead ends into United and is house closes off the street.


Classic Key West with palms, picket fence and intrusive wires.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Chuck and the Pheebs said...

The yellow house sold on short sale/foreclosure recently if I recall right...only prob is that corner is REALLY low; I've seen water to the bottom of car doors where that van is parked.

When are you gonna learn to airbrush out the wires?

Oh- peep my blog post with the winding road. It's up there just for you.

Conchscooter said...

i dont airbrush my pictures. this is a diary of key west as it is. you want Art do it yourself

Chuck and the Pheebs said...

curmudgeon.

Drewbob said...

Several years ago a host at a B&B recommended El Siboney to us. So delicious, I must return for their pork and black beans. Glad to see they're still going strong. Value indeed, I've paid far more for far less quality.