Friday, September 30, 2011

Big Pine Sky

Walking Cheyenne, she with head down sniffing, me with head up looking, I saw an astonishing sky overhead.


I can see rainy season ending soon and all these clouds will soon be swept away by the cold dry air of winter.


Cold is a relative term around here but I have seen temperatures hovering, briefly around 40 degrees in deepest winter.


Summer heat and humidity pile up the clouds, thunder is a constant companion, rain is localized.


I wondered if we might not get brained on but the threat passed.


I don't think Cheyenne even notices thunder very much at all.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Garythetourist said...

I love the sky shots! On to a different subject; what is your take on the Citizen article, "DCA absorbed into mega-agency?"
Gary

Conchscooter said...

The Governor has no interest in anything remotely environmental- why would he, he's a modern republican- so the new department of Handing Over Florida to His Cronies bodes nothing at all good for the Keys. I miss Walkin' Lawton.