Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Here Comes The Sun

I am not cut out for cold damp climates. I always like the idea of snow or cold but when I find myself in the middle of it I shrivel up.


So it was that when the sun put in an appearance after twenty four hours away I rejoiced, and overexposed it at Higgs Beach.


The most subtle ray of light looked like the center of the Earth to me.


A chimney would have been useful Monday to ward off rheumatism.


Higgs Lake started the long slow process of evaporation to restore order and grass to the park.


And on the drive home with a tired dog sprawled on the back seat...


...I was delighted to have the sun in my eyes. Winter holds no dread for me in the Fabulous Florida Keys.

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Danu Acciarri said...

Hi! I´m so glad to found this blog on the web!!! =) My name is
Daniela, I´m from Argentina and i´m going to kw on december to work with 2 more friends of mine all winter season!! so i´m all day long searching photos and trying to know more about this beatiful place!

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Conch:

So let me get this straight... You had 24 hours of cloudy weather, during which the temperature dropped to an abominable 87 degrees (F), and you're sending us pictures of chimneys?

Buck up, man. You're embarrassing the Triumph.

I started looking for my winter gear. It's already been below freezing where I am moving to — in three weeks.

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep
Twisted Roads

Conchscooter said...

Dear Danu, you have 2200 essays to look through at your leisure. You should arrive just in twitch watch the US collapse as Argentina did a decade ago. Opportunity knocks!
Dear jack cold is cold. I hope you freeze and miss me.