Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Urban Dog Walking

Cheyenne on the sidewalk looks like this, from my perspective.


She loves her street walks especially when it's hot. And a fur coat is an impediment and not a fashion accessory.


She sniffs here and there, stopping and starting, back tracking and darting forward while I struggle to balance the camera and leash. Nice motorbike? Here and gone... Window air conditioners seem inadequate in such a vast spacious building like this.


I am very fond of central air and we got ourselves a new installation a couple of years ago. I like Florida louvers but I am much more fond of chilled recirculated air.


I wonder how a drive apportions it's activity? Weights? Circuit training? The sign seems rather too austere to make fun of the sentiment.


But this sign was much more cheerful, puerile perhaps but because of that a request one could not ignore without a smile.


I am an avid reader of signs. Unlike my always busy dog.


I carry a plastic bag at all times in case you were wondering. Though before we arrive in Key West I stop for a nature walk in the wilderness alongside Highway One (much of which is well supplied with public trash cans as a bonus) to encourage her to save me the complexity of scraping a sidewalk, always an inadequate endeavor. I am not fond of dog walkers who leave home without plastic bags.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Conch:

I suggest you save the plastic bags you fill, and mail them to Congress at the end of the month. That way, it will count in the opinion polls, and it is a substance they are used to handling there.

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep
Twisted Roads

Conchscooter said...

You're right. I felt bad for that republican member of congress who only has 400,000 left over after expenses.