Thursday, October 20, 2011

Night Floods

The Youth Hostel on South Street looked particularly peaceful last night as all hell was breaking loose around the city, wind and waves everywhere...


The end of Duval Street was nicely flooded, like a rice paddy.


Drains were overwhelmed and water was streaming like a river.


The rest of Duval looking north was less flooded as the street has a higher crown.


But South Street near the Southernmost Point was nicely flooded. A couple of cars braved the water while I was there, to take a look at the point getting swamped periodically by heavy wave action.


Darkness and shiny asphalt.


I tried to photograph the breaking waves but my lunch break was ending and I had neither rubber boots nor the patience to stand in range of the salt spray and get wet before I went back to work.


It was a wild night even after the rain ceased.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: