Thursday, October 20, 2011

Swimming Labrador

I was walking around the launch ramp enjoying the views.


And playing with my camera of course.


I looked up and my non-swimming Labrador was...swimming?


Yup, all on her own she was paddling away. We made eye contact and I started to walk back to land. Obediently, having made her point she made a one-eighty and swam back.


Ordinarily this is no big deal but my Labrador was never encouraged to swim by her former family, people who did not take her out for rambling walks much either, it would seem.


My Cheyenne is full of surprises. She got a bath and her favorite treat when we got home, a rawhide with a piece of chicken jerky hidden inside.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

David B. said...

Given that Cheyenne is not my dog, I got a lot more joy out of this post than I'm entitled to. The Universe is good today.

Garythetourist said...

Congratulations to you and Cheyenne!

Rob said...

I'm going to show my age here and say "that's rad". My dog doesn't suprise me very often, but when she does it really makes my day.

Conchscooter said...

And to think some people buy dogs instead of getting them at the pound. What a waste!